Sunday, October 10, 2010

Eye Opener: CSPI

I took the quiz named Eating Green Calculator, Effects of Your Diet on Your Health and the Environment.
I used 5890 pounds of manure created by the animals. I took the quiz again and entered 1 servings less per week. After that my result was 4076 pounds of manure created by the animals.
I pledge:
To protect my health and the environment, I will eat a more plant-based diet—more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, and nuts and fewer fatty meat and dairy products. When I do eat animal products, I will emphasize ones that are lower in fat and raised in humane ways that minimize harm to the environment.
I don't think my result was that bad, however I think I could eat more vegetables and fruits instead of meat to protect my health and make less harm to the environment.
You can take the quiz here: http://www.cspinet.org/EatingGreen/tour.html

6 comments:

  1. I like that you wrote your pledge out on here for everyone to see! I need to start making my diet more plant-based as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I don't even want to know how my eating would effect the environment. I too, need to start thinking more about this and eating more environmentally friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took the same quiz and I was surprised at the result! I just can't get over how much animals have an impact on the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also need to set a goal for myself and stick to you it. Thanks for sharing yours with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is cool that you are being realistic about yourself. You know that you don't need a drastic change just a little at a time helps a long ways! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great way to help you suceed in your pledge would be to encourage your roommates to take the quiz. Changing habits, especially when it comes to food, is never easy so you and your roommates could hold one another accountable, become more environmentally friendly, and share a great life-changing experience with one another.

    ReplyDelete