Sunday, October 24, 2010

Eye Opener: Environmental Working Group

I use Clearasil Stayclear Oil-free daily face wash. The website gave this product a rating of six out of ten so it is a moderate hazard. Ingredients in this product are linked to: Cancer, developmental/reproductive toxicity, allergies/immunotoxicity, and use restrictions. Other concerns for ingredients used in this product: Neurotoxicity, Endocrine disruption, Persistence and bioaccumulation, Organ system toxicity (non-reproductive), Miscellaneous, Multiple, additive exposure sources, Irritation (skin, eyes, or lungs), Enhanced skin absorption, Contamination concerns, Occupational hazards.
I didn’t know that this product has so many hazardous ingredients in it. I really like this website and I will try to find another product that wouldn’t be as bad for me.
You can check out my result here: Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep Cosmetic Safety Database

6 comments:

  1. Your product only scored one place higher than my product on the 'hazardous' scale, yet your item has many more unhealthy links connected to it. It makes me wonder how harmful a product that scores 10 out of 10 may be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is scary that facewash is linked to all of those things! It's hard to see all of these things being so bad for us when we use them everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We use care products to keep ourselves clean and our skin looking better, but it seems to be so harmful to the environment and ourselves!. I hope someone comes out with products that work equally as well but are not as harmful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its interesting to see how bad some of the cosmetic products we use can be so harmful to us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sometimes use Clearasil to wash my face and it is weird to think that it is linked to cancer and has some other hazardous issues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's scary to think that these products are supposed to help us, but really they are hurting us!

    ReplyDelete