Sunday, November 7, 2010

Advocacy Project: My Political Representatives

The president of Finland is Tarja Halonen. Her political affiliation is social democrat.

Congress persons of my area are listed in here:

The governor is Rauno Uolevi Saari. His political affiliation is social democrat.
Email: rauno.saari(at)eduskunta.fi
Phone number: 0718 74 2101

State legislators are listed in here:

In Finland we don’t have a county board president; we only have the city mayor.
The city mayor is Timo P. Nieminen. His political affiliation is national coalition party.

I could not find the president or the city mayor contact information.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting information! After I do mine, I will have to see how they relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome that you have a female president. Is that common in Finland? I am not really familiar with other countries government systems so your information was really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great on your post. It is fun to see where everyone is from and all the different standings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was fun to read about things from a different country! If not for this project, I don't think I would have ever taken the time to become familiar with another country's political representatives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love learning about other counties! I was so fascinated reading this. It's cool that you have a female president too!

    ReplyDelete