Thursday, November 4, 2010

Share & Voice: A Healthy Environment Starts at Home

I found this interesting website while I was looking for information about healthy environment.
It tells you about different household hazardous products and suggests the use of non-toxic alternatives whenever possible. It also tells you what you should do with the paints and solvents instead of just dumping them down the sink, pour down a storm drain, toss in the trash or pour on the ground because they are a hazard to the environment. The website gives you alternatives for how to properly discard automotive batteries and pesticides. This website is really usefull when you want to become more eco-friendly and take care of our environment.
http://www.mwra.state.ma.us/03sewer/trac/athome.htm

2 comments:

  1. This was a really neat page. I couldn't believe that it said the average American has 15 lbs of toxic products in their home. I had no idea. It provided a lot of useful information and other products to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a very useful site. The chart they used listings all the household cleaning products and how to dispose of them & look for alternatives was very helpful and I will definitely be paying more attention to what I'm buying. I know a few companies have come out with "green" cleaning products.

    ReplyDelete