Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Share & Voice: How a hurricane is born - The Science Of Superstorms - BBC

I found this interesting short video from youtube.com called How a hurricane is born - The Science Of Superstorms - BBC. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f45jA5UxB0 
It tells about how hurricanes are born and how they travel and reach the United States. Hurricanes in the Atlantic typically begin in Sahara, Africa, and I think it is really interesting that something as small as someone playing with the sand can develope a hurricane.
It is an interesting video so check it out if you have time.

6 comments:

  1. That is so interesting that they start out in Africa! I never knew that! Learn something new everyday I guess! It's crazy how something starting over in the other side of the world can affect us so greatly over here in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi,
    This video is awesome. Its really weird that a hurricane can be started by just walking in the sand. It's hard to believe something that small can create something so destructive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy stuff! I like how you took our environmental topic and didn't just write about it, but informed us on how these things happen, which can be just as important!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really interesting! I've never really stopped and researched how these things happening. It is really crazy to think those smalls things can have such a huge impact

    ReplyDelete
  5. This video relates well to the class and was very interesting to watch. Thank you for sharing it with me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good find! It amazes me that a storm can travel that far across the ocean! It makes me like Minnesota a little more! :)

    ReplyDelete