Thursday, October 7, 2010

Reflection: Weeks 1-4

I feel like I have already learned so much in four weeks. The biggest thing I have learned so far is probably creating a blog and everything that comes with it. This is my first time using my own blog and I really like it.
After taking the ecological footprint quiz and seeing how many planets it would take to support my lifestyle it really made me think what habits I could change to become more green. From now on I am taking the bus to school every day and I am using a reuseful bag when I go to the grocery store. I am also trying to eat less meat and trying to buy food from locals.
I really liked our last class when we went to the eco friendly building. Hopefully one day I am able to built my own house and by learning about the eco friendly building it really made me think what I could have at my own house. For example, I really liked those windows which are letting the light come in and that would be something that I would like to have at my own house.
I am learning something new about our environment and other topics every day when I read other peoples posts.

6 comments:

  1. That's awesome that this is your first time using a blog! I used a blog last semester when I studied abroad in Australia to keep in touch with family and friends back home! I don't know if that is something you're thinking about doing but I know my family and friends loved hearing about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like the majority of people have learned a lot about blogging. I would have to agree that it is also something that I have learned so much about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would agree with you when it comes to managing the blog, I learned about how to make a blog last year, but we didn't do too much with it. Now I definitely feel confident mentioning on my resume that one of my computer skills is creating and managing a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I also learned quite a bit about blogging. Its a lot more interesting than I was expecting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with you about the blogging part. I am a first time user as well. I too found the Bagley classroom to be very interesting I think it would be amazing to have the power company pay you. What a great incentive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing the outdoor classroom was one of my favorite parts too. It was cool to see how everything was done, and gave me ideas for when I have my own house someday!

    ReplyDelete