Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 4: Weekly Update

1.      I will use my reusable bags 100% of the time when I go to grocery stores such as Walmart and Target. I did really well this week; there was only one time when I went to the Target and I forget my reusable bag.

2.      I was successful because I had my reusable bags in my car so I remembered to use them. One time I went to Target with my friend and we used her car so I didn’t have my reusable bags with me. I didn’t want to use a plastic bag but my friend did so I just put my stuff in her bag. 

3.      I felt really good every time I used a reusable bag when I went to the store. I felt better about myself because I was saving the environment.

4.      This past week was my first time using the reusable bags and I really liked them. I learned that if you keep them in your car at all times, you will use them.

5.      I am going to keep this same goal because I didn’t do it 100% last week and I really want to make it a habit that I always use reusable bags.

5 comments:

  1. I've started using the re-usable bags as well! It's really convenient especially because the grocery store is 4 doors down from my house, so I'm always walking back and forth. I trust my re-usable bags (they don't break) much more than the paper and plastic bags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a huge fan of reusable bags. Sometimes I do get brown paper bags from Cub but that is usually when we are low in the house and need a supply of them. Mine are super compact and I keep them in my purse. It is a great idea to keep them in your car! Nice work that you were so successful, I bet next week you will do even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like your really sticking to your goal. This post actually reminded me to use reusable bags when I go to the store tonight! Thanks! It sounds like your doing really well with your goal, I always manage to leave mine in the car so that's great that your remembering. The key seems to be making it a routine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reusable bags! I try to use them as much as possible as well. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a good goal and very interesting. I need to start using more reusable bags! It is nice because sometimes at grocery stores it is nice to get an extra discount for using reusable bags and you are benefiting the environment too.

    ReplyDelete